WOULDHAM PARISH COUNCIL

WOULDHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 

Monthly meeting of Wouldham Parish Council on 3rd March, 2009.

 

Present: Mr K Malkinson (Chairman) Mr. D Adams, Mrs. L Davis,

Mr. T Fulwell, Mrs. J Head, Ms. Parnell and

Mr. R Stone

 

In Attendance: Mr. R Dalton (Borough Councillor)

Mr D Davis (Borougn Councillor)

Mr. D Piepnick (Community Warden)

Mr. M J Ross (Clerk)

 

There was 1 member of the public present. Action by

 

  1. APOLOGIES: Apologies received from Mr G Rowe (County Councillor) and

Miss Caroline Honeysett (PCSO).

 

  1. MINUTES: The minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council, held on the

10th February, 2009 were proposed by Cllr. Head and seconded by Cllr. Stone,

to be a true record of the proceedings and it was AGREED that they be signed

by the Chairman.

 

  1. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES: Members AGREED that

any matters arising from the minutes would be dealt with under the appropriate

heading, as the meeting progressed through the agenda.

 

  1. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: Cllr. Head declared a prejudicial interest

in any issue that arose relating to grounds maintenance work within the Parish.

She also declared a personal interest in items relating to the Tramway and the

allotments.

 

  1. POLICE & COMMUNITY WARDEN’S REPORT: The Clerk advised

that PCSO Honeysett had provided crime figures for the period 10/02 –02/03.

These showed that there had been 3 crimes reported during this time; namely

2 of criminal damage and 1 assault. In Laker Road there had been 1 case of

theft from a motor vehicle.

It was also confirmed that during the recent publicity regarding dogs found

killed in the area, the RSPCA had dealt with 2 dogs and Environmental

Services had dealt with 3 dogs, thus making a total of 5 dogs. There was a

reward of £1000 on offer and 2 of £100 for information leading to a

conviction in this matter.

The Community Warden reported that Charlton Football Club were running

Thursday night Football in Bull Lane Eccles. He also advised that he,

together with PCSO Honeysett had spent time at the school which had been

useful and had also spent time at TMBC offices on community safety training.

He also stated that he now had a bicycle. He drew attention to fly tipping in

Hill Road and in particular to an area on the bend at the top, just before the

Common, where there was an area of land that didn’t have any gate at the

entrance. Members AGREED that this access should be blocked off with Cllr. Stone

concrete posts and Cllr. Stone undertook to arrange this.

 

  1. BOROUGH COUNCILLORS REPORT: Bor. Cllr. Davis reported that

there was progress on Oldfield Drive with the land transfer issues being

resolved but there was however, problems with parking restrictions.

 

Action by

There was currently a Bill before Parliament providing for the taking on of all

private sewers and this would particularly relevant to the properties in

Trafalgar Close, although it may be another 2-3 years before this comes to

fruition.

 

  1. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT: County Cllr. Rowe had provided a

written report which the Clerk had circulated.

The issues reported on covered the next Joint Transportation Board meeting on

the 9th March, with an item that affected Wouldham , namely the Medway

Valley initiative to improve cycling and pedestrian routes in the Medway

Valley being deferred for further discussions on the proposed route.

He also referred to the adverse reports he was receiving from parents of children

attending Wouldham School who have not been allocated their chosen place

which was expected to be Aylesford Sports College. He was meeting parents

on Friday to hear their concerns.

T&M Youth Advisory Group meet on Wednesday, 31st March at Init 1 Skatpark,

Laker Road.

 

  1. MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC: An enquiry as to whether the trees removed

from the Riverside POS, would be replaced was made. Members AGREED

that a site meeting should be held with a representative of TMBC to discuss Clerk

the replacement and to agreed on the location of those to be replaced.

The ruts in the Recreation Ground car park was also referred to and it was

confirmed that as soon as appropriate materials became available, these ruts

would be filled in.

The repairs to the damaged wall opposite the shop were not felt to be adequate

with the thickness of the rebuilt section being half of that of the remaining wall.

It was AGREED that KHS should have their attention drawn to the fact that

the rebuilt section could be dangerous and needed to be strengthened. Cllr. Head

 

  1. PLANNING: (a) Applications commented upon during the month:

(i) The Yeoman’s Cottage, Starkey Castle-Rear extension:

No comments

(b)   Applications approved:

(i) 15 School Lane-Erection of 2 additional dwellings.

(c)    Applications refused:

There were no applications refused this month.

(d)   Other Planning Issues: There were no additional planning

issues this month..

10. STREET LIGHTING: Cllr. Adams reported that street lights requiring repair

were all still out this month and there had been no repairs effected at all. In

addition there was a street light out outside 9 Oldfield Drive and the light for the

car park was still out.

 

11. HIGHWAYS & VERGES: Letter sent to resident of Ravens Knowle was

referred to and it was confirmed the Clerk would arrange for all members to receive

a copy of the letter. It was AGREED that the matter would be discussed at next

months meeting.

Cllr. Head reported that the broken bollard, on the chicane in Knowle Road, would

be repaired today. She also referred to the Highways Road Show that she had

attended, when the new procedures had been explained and which she had found

helpful.

 

Action by

 

Cllr. Stone referred to problems of parking within the area outside the Church,

particularly on a Sunday, when local residents parked in such a way that it was

difficult to pass. The possibility of double yellow lines might be an answer but

members AGREED to refer the matter to Terry Dury of KHS to look at. Clerk

 

12. FOOTPATHS/PROW: There were no issues for discussions under this heading

this month.

 

13. ALLOTMENTS: There was no Allotment representative present at the meeting.

 

14. RECREATION GROUND: Cllr. Stone reported that upon checking, he had

found that the piece of material that he had thought appropriate to replace the

window in the Teen Shelter, was too small. Members suggested that, with the

approach of Spring/Summer, the replacement of the window should be left for the

time being. This was AGREED.

 

15. FINANCE: General: Nothing to report this month.

Bank Position: Income for Month – Nil

Current Account - £2,681.44

Savings Account - £18,903.76

Building Society - £10,159.28

Accounts for Payment:

Cheque No

Payee

Detail

Amount

 

Direct

EDF Energy

Street Lighting - Electricity supply February 2009

23.95

2416

BT

PC Telephone a/c

109.17

2417

M J Ross

Sal: 768.75; Rent: 150.00; Exp: 37.12; Imp: 12.88

968.75

2418

Ms J Harmer

Litter duties – February, 2009

183.36

All the above accounts were passed for payment.

Grants: Cllr. Morgan advised Members that the Members grant that

the Parish Council had applied for, had been approved and a grant of £2,000 had

been agreed by County Councillor Geoff Rowe.

The provision of the picnic table and seating on the Common would be able to be

proceeded with as soon as the money was received and Cllr. Morgan suggested that

the PC should ask Headland Garden Services to provide suggestions for the other Cllr. Head

areas that might suitable to improve on the Common and Members AGREED

this suggestion.

16. SPECIAL ITEMS: Items for Church News: It was AGREED that the crime

figures, together with details of the football course being run by Charlton Athletic

at Eccles and the fact that a new salt bin was being provided at the School Lane/

Oldfield Drive junction should be included this month, together with and any other

issues that the Clerk felt appropriate. Clerk

 

17. CORRESPONDENCE: The list of correspondence received during the

month had been circulated to Members.

 

18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be on 7th April, 2009.

 

19. COUNCILLORS/CHAIRMAN/CLERK: Cllr. Fulwell confirmed that he was

not aware of any further bonfires in Cornwall Crescent.

 

Action by

Cllr. Adams raised the question of the secondary selection procedure, particularly

that relating to Wouldham School where parents were unhappy about the fact that

their children were not being given the opportunity to go to Aylesford Sports

College which was a school where many children from the Village had moved on

to in the past. Members discussed the issue and AGREED that the Clerk should Clerk

advise County Cllr. Rowe of the PC’s support for the parents in their quest for

getting their children to Aylesford Sports College.

Cllr. Morgan enquired about the creation of the Steering Group for the new

Village Hall and offered her services to get this up and running again.

The Chairman of the Village Hall Management Committee (Cllr. Stone) was

happy to agree that she could take on this role.

Cllr. Morgan also stated that the residents of the Ravens Knowle properties

were having problems with rats which emanated from the rubbish left in Knowle

Pit and since this was a health hazard, needed to be dealt with urgently.

Members AGREED that the Clerk should make contact with Trenport, the Clerk

owners of the Pit and ask them to take immediate action on this issue.

Cllr. Head advised that the new salt bin had now been provided and that

Headland would be installing it at the junction of School Lane/Oldfield Drive

without charge to the PC.

Cllr. Parnell enquired about the fact that there were numerous boats at the

end of Ferry Lane and the Clerk undertook to put the matter to the Planning Clerk

Enforcement team at TMBC for investigation.

She also referred to the vegetable growing in the village, referred to last month

and the article in the Parish News and confirmed that she had been approached

by a resident who was keen to pursue this. She asked for an item to be

placed on the agenda for next months meeting.

 

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.10pm

 

Signed as a correct record of the proceedings.

 

 

 

 

Date: 7th April Chairman………………………

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© Copyright 2008 WW Media