1231

        WOULDHAM PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES of the MONTHLY MEETING of the PARISH COUNCIL held on TUESDAY,

1st July, 2008, in  the VILLAGE HALL, WOULDHAM.

                                                                                               

PRESENT:                   Mr. K Malkinson (Chairman), Mr. D Adams, Mr T Fulwell , Mrs J Head, Ms. L Morgan,

Ms A Parnell (arrived late) and Mr R Stone (arrived late).  

 

IN ATTENDANCE:   Mr R Dalton (Borough Councillor)

Mr D Davis (Borough Councillor)

                                    Mr G Rowe (County Councillor)

Mr. M J Ross (Clerk)

MEMBERS OF

THE PUBLIC:              There was 1 member of the public present.                                                             Action by

 

1. APOLOGIES: Apologies for absence were received from PC Dalton and PCSO Honeysett.

 

2. MINUTES:  The minutes of the monthly meeting of the Parish Council, held on the

3rd June, 2008 were proposed by Cllr. Adams and seconded by Cllr. Head, to be a

true record of the proceedings of the Parish Council, and it was AGREED that they be signed by

the Chairman.

 

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES: Members AGREED that matters arising from the

minutes would be dealt with under the appropriate heading as the meeting progressed through

the agenda.

 

4. POLICE REPORT: In the absence of representatives of the Police, the Clerk advised

members that he had been provided with the latest crime figures for the month.   There were 9

crimes reported in the Village – 2 burglary other than dwelling, 2 thefts miscellaneous,

2 criminal damage, 2 theft from a motor vehicle and 1 vehicle interference.   In Laker Road

there were 2 crimes both theft from a motor vehicle.

            Matters Arising: The Clerk reported that PCSO Honeysett had been advised that she

could have the use of the Village Hall for a public meeting to discuss parking issues

in the village, on the understanding that she would take the lead in the meeting but that

Parish Councillors would be there to support her.

 

5. BOROUGH COUNCILLORS REPORT: Borough Cllr. Dalton reported that there would be

a presentation at the school on the 7th July to give certificates to all the children who helped with

the litter pick.   The presentation would be carried out by the mayor.   The yellow lines outside

the school, in School Lane, were being revised and local residents had formed an Action Group

to fight the proposal by ANL to increase the number of lorry movements in connection with the

filling of Margetts Pit.   The Action Group would be meeting on the 2nd July, 2008 and the

application is likely to be considered by KCC Planning on the 29th July.

Area 3 Planning Committee will shortly be considering comments on the planning application by

Trenport, for the road improvements associated with Peters Village.

Cllr. Davis referred to the appeal by the owner of 7 High Street, against the decision to refuse

planning consent for the adaption to create an additional property and stressed that objections

and relevant comments, must be submitted to the Inspector by the 28th July.

With regard to Oldfield Drive, Borough Cllr. Davis advised that it appeared that Taylor Wimpey

were having financial problems and KCC were seeking a list detailing all faults within the

development, (e.g. street lights not working, etc.) that needed to be corrected before proceeding

with the adoption.

 

 

                                                                                                                                                               Action by

 

6. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT: County Councillor Rowes report had been

circulated by the Clerk and in presenting this to Members, County Cllr. Rowe made the

following points:

1.      The pending planning applications by ANL in connection with the proposed increase

in lorry movements to Margetts Pit are now scheduled for consideration by County

Planning Applications Committee on 29th July.   Officers have advised County Cllr.

Rowe that they are currently in discussions with the EA and the applicants about

other measures that can be adopted in case they need to review their position.   So far

over 1200 letters of objection have been received.   The next meeting of the Working

Party, opposed to the application, is planned to be held at 7.30pm on Wednesday

2nd July at Burham Village Community Centre.   Residents from Wouldham are

welcome.

2.      The latest edition, (issue 122) identifies grants available for a variety of projects,

including the annual ones normally processed through County Cllr. Rowe.

3.      The Parish Partnership minutes have been circulated for the meeting held on the

29th June.   The autumn meeting will be providing details of cold calling controlled

zones.   If Wouldham Parish is interested in setting one up, they should indicate

as soon as possible.   (Alison Flick is the person to contact)

4.      At the last Joint Transport Board, held on 9th June, the following items regarding

Wouldham were raised :

(i)                  £10,000 for 2008/09, has been allocated to provide improvements to

             pedestrian and cycle routes in the Medway Valley.

(ii)                In order to record and monitor the instances of fly posting, PC Members

are encouraged to report such matters to the Contact Centre on

08458 247.   This will ensure that details and actions are recorded and

enables KHS to gather information regarding the extent of the problem

and action can then be taken.

(iii)               A bid for traffic calming in Laker Road at £50k was not approved to

progress.

5.      District KCC Community Wardens have organized a football competition for young

people not normally involved in local teams.   The heats will be held at Ditton on 19th

July with all welcome to attend from 10.0am, to give support to their local teams.

6.      Alzheimers Society Newsletter.

Matters Arising: The Clerk reported that following his approach to Trenport

Investments regarding the proposed sale of land forming gardens to the properties in

Ravens Knowle, he had received a response in which Chris Hall of Trenport had

advised that the position had now changed and  the residents had been advised that

Trenport were prepared to sell all the plots forming the front gardens to the

properties, to the residents for a total sum of £10,000 plus £3,000 legal fees.   This

was a much more satisfactory arrangement.   The Clerk advised that, he had reminded

Chris Hall of the PC’s previous interest in the land when they had offered to buy it

and had been told that, if they were unable to conclude a sale to the residents, he

would review the matter with the PC.

 

7. MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC: There were no issues raised by the public.

                                                                                                                                      

8. PLANNING: (a) Planning applications considered by the Planning Committee:

(i)                  Peters Village site-Reserved matters application-Revised landscaping,

details of surfacing of combined cycleways and bridleway and

archaeology evaluation: No comments

   

   Action by

    (b) Planning Consents issued:

(i)          156 High Street – New vehicular access

                            (c) Planning Applications refused:

                                    There were no refusals notified this month.

    (d) Other Planning Issues:

Access road to rear of High Street: The Clerk confirmed that a

Meeting was to be arranged by the Consultants employed, with TMBC

Planning to discuss the plans for the proposed road.   He was currently

still awaiting a date and would chase up the matters with the                                  Clerk

Consultants.

Three Villages Liaison Group: The Chairman reported that a meeting

Of the Liaison Group was envisaged shortly, with the ANL planning

application top of the sgenda.   Cllrs. Morgan & Head stated that they

had recently circulated flyers to all houses in the Village regarding the

application and the need to object to it and would be attending a

meeting of the Action Group on Wednesday evening.

 

9. STREET LIGHTING: Cllr. Adams reported that street lights in Hall Road were still a

problem and it appeared that the electricity supply had been disconnected.   It was unclear

how this had come about but EDF Energy were being chased to reconnect the lighting units

as soon as possible.

 

10. HIGHWAYS & VERGES: General:  The Clerk advised that he had not yet received                     Cllr. Head

the monthly Spreadsheet from KHS.   As soon as this came through he would pass it to Cllr.

Head for actioning any new items that had been determined and following up on existing

ones.  It was pointed out that WKHS had changed the system for reporting issues on the

Spreadsheet so that maintenance problems were advised separately and would not be

included on the Spreadsheet in future.  

The Clerk advised Members that he had received an email from a local resident regarding the

notices that had recently appeared on the green opposite the shop and the stupidity in it

stating that no one should walk on the grass.   Cllr. Head  confirmed that this was the

standard wording used by KCC in matters of this nature and agreed that once the PC had

control of the area, which was likely to be within the next year, they would take steps to

change the notices.

                                                                                                                                                 

11. FOOTPATHS/PROW: General: The poor quality of the cutting back of the footpaths

was again discussed and the Clerk confirmed that he had written to David Munn of KCC

Footpaths, seeking to allow the PC to undertake the cutting back of these paths in future,                          Clerk

With Financial support from KCC equivalent to the sum they would normally spend on this

work.   A reply was still awaited.

 

12. ALLOTMENTS: Mr Andy Marr, on behalf of the Allotment Assn., advised members

that he had taken steps to ask all plot holders who had not attended to their plots properly, to

tidy them up forthwith and was hopeful that this would be carried out in the near future.

He also advised that, under the arrangements made at the inaugural meeting between the

Association and the PC it was agreed that so long as the PC received sufficient money from

rents to cover the cost of the rent the PC were required to pay Trenport, together with the

costs of water supplied, any balance over and above this could be used by the Assn. to

improve the facilities and provide any necessary equipment.   As a result, they had charged

£15 per plot this year and having paid over £360 to the PC, which together with the income

from Mr Head of £369, covered these costs they had used the additional funds to repair a

rotavator and some other equipment they had managed to acquire.   Members were satisfied

                                                                                                                                                               Action

that the situation was acceptable and confirmed with Mr Marr that, should they require it, they

could examine the books of the Assn. at any time.

                                                                                                                                                                      

13. RECREATION GROUND: The Clerk reported that he had contacted ROSPA in

regard to carrying out safety inspections of the play equipment on the Recreation Ground.

The cost would be £60 for the first 5 items and then £3 per item thereafter.   Zurich charged the

PC £543.24 for their safety inspection last year and therefore if the PC were to use ROSPA for

these inspections, they would save in the region of £400.   Members AGREED that ROSPA

should be asked to carry out the necessary safety inspection and to advise Zurich Insurance,

that the PC no longer require the Engineer’s Inspections for the play equipment.                                        Clerk

The Clerk referred to the fact that the Burham Football Club, who have the use of the pitch

on the Recreation Ground free of charge, had asked if they could reduce the size of the

pitch as it is used by juniors who find the current pitch too large.   Members AGREED that

they may reduce the size of the pitch, provided that they reduce it by the same amount at either

end and not take off the required amount from one end.   They also AGREED that the                              Clerk

football club could scrape and roll the pitch provided it is done at their expense.

 

14. VILLAGE HALL: Cllr. Stone reported that the next meeting of the Management

Committee was to be an AGM, scheduled for the 7th July, 2008.

 

15. FINANCE:      (i) General: There were no general issues to raise.

                               (ii) Bank Position:

Income this month: Nil

                                    Current Account: £6,550.77 (Less cheques for payment today)

Savings Account: £18,599.28

Building Society Account: £10,016.01                                                             

         (iii) Accounts for Payment:

  Cheque No

Payee

Detail

Amount

Direct

EDF Energy

Street Lighting - Electricity supply: June, 2008.

23.95

2380

M J Ross

Sal: 768.75; Rent: 150.00; Exp: 29.12; Imp: 15.04

962.91

2381

J Harmer

Litter Duties-June, 2008

176.64

      All the above accounts were approved for payment.

                                    (iv) Grants: Members were reminded that applications for the KCC

Community Grant must be submitted by 30th September, 2008.

 

16 SPECIAL REPORTS:    Church News & Letter: Apart from the crime figures, it was left

to the Clerk’s discretion, in consultation with the Chairman, as to the subjects to be included in                  Clerk

the Parish News, which would not be published until September.

 

17.  CORRESPONDENCE:  The list of letters and other correspondence received during the

month was circulated to Members on the e-mail, so that any Member could request sight of any

particular item that they wished to read.

 

18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be on the 2nd September, 2008.

                                                                                                                                                      

19. COUNCILLORS/CHAIRMAN/CLERK: Cllr. Adams asked whether the PC had

received a response from EDF Energy regarding the burying of the overhead cables across the                  Clerk

remainder  of the field that Trenport were proposing to develop and was advised there had

been none.   The Clerk undertook to chase up EDF Energy.

He also asked about Knowle Pit and any further contact with Mike Bax .  The

Chairman advised that he had failed to be able to make any contact but would continue to try.                   Chairman

The date by which objections to the appeal by the owners of 7 High Street, against the decision

of TMBC to refuse consent to create an additional dwelling, was the 28th July, 2008, and it

was important that everyone lodge an objection.

 

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.15pm

 

Signed as a correct record of the proceedings

 

 

 

 

 

Date: 2nd September, 2008.                                                      Chairman:………………………

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© Copyright 2008 WW Media