MINUTES OF OFFHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

MINUTES OF WOULDHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

TUESDAY 1st JUNE 2010 AT 7.30PM

WOULDHAM VILLAGE HALL

 

Present:         Cllr K Malkinson (Chairman)

Cllrs J Head, j A Parnell, K Savage and R Stone

                   Mrs S Egglesden (Clerk)

In Attendance: Borough Councillor D Davis

County Councillor Peter Homewood

 

                                                                                                             

 

 

ACTION

 

1

 

APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Cllr Adams, Cllr Fulwell, Borough Councillor Dalton, PCSO Stoner and PC Wilkinson.

 

 

 

2

 

MINUTES

The minutes of the Annual General Meeting and Parish Council meeting held on the 4th May 2010 were proposed by Cllr Stone and seconded by Cllr Parnell, to be a true record of proceedings and it was agreed that they be signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

3

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

Members agreed that any matters arising from the minutes would be dealt with under the appropriate heading, as the meeting progressed through the agenda. 

 

 

 

4

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Head declared a prejudicial interest in any issue that arose relating to grounds maintenance work within the parish. She also declared a personal interest in items relating to the Tramway and the Allotments. The Chairman declared a personal interest in any issue that arose relating to Lafarge.

 

 

 

5

 

POLICE & COMMUNITY WARDEN’S REPORT

The police report had been circulated to Councillors prior to the meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

6

 

BOROUGH COUNCILLORS REPORT

Borough Councillor Davis reported that the Police and Sarah Taylor, TMBC, had held a further 3 villages meeting in Wouldham Car Park which was not as well attended as the last meeting due to lack of further advertising. This would be repeated once a quarter for ASB and other matters. They have taken on board that information to the Parish Councils needs to be improved.

 

Lynn Wildes, Housing Officer at TMBC has produced a draft ‘rural letting agreement’ which is currently being looked at by Russet Homes. It will be passed to the Parish Council for comment.


A further ASB meeting date will be arranged shortly.

 

 

7

 

COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT

County Councillor Homewood thanked the Parish Council for its card of condolence and confirmed that he was now back at work and happy to deal with any issues on behalf of the Parish Council.

 

The Chairman informed Cllr Homewood that the Parish Council would like to apply for the Members Grant again for the refurbishment of the Teen Shelter. Cllr Homewood agreed that he would support an application for this again.

 

Cllr Homewood reported that he still had Highways money to spend. Cllr Head suggested that some of this could be used to cut the verges in the village, as KHS had not done a good job. Cllr Homewood confirmed that his money could only be provided for ‘one off’ projects and it may be better to inform KHS of the contractor’s poor work. It was agreed that the Clerk would email the details to Cllr Homewood regarding the two junctions concerned; School Lane with Pilgrims Way and Knowle Road with Pilgrims Way. Cllr Homewood would speak with KHS on the PC’s behalf.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

8

 

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

There were no members of public at the meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

9

 

PLANNING:

Planning applications considered and commented upon, by Planning Committee:

TM/10/00952/ELEX – Replace Pole 828755 at School Lane, Wouldham –no objections

TM/10/01227/FL – Raise the existing roof level to allow a loft conversion with rear dormer (resubmission of application TM/10/00062/FL) at 73A High Street, Wouldham – no objections

(a)                Planning consents issued:

TM/10/00798/AT – Erection of a Church Notice Board at All Saints Church, High Street, Wouldham – Express consent granted

(b)                Planning applications refused: None to report

(c)                 

Other Planning Issues:

 

Draft plans had been received for School Farm from Graham Simpkin Planning on behalf of the Maths School for comment from the Parish Council before being submitted to TMBC. These are being circulated to the Planning Committee in the normal manner for any comments.

 

A further letter had also been received from Graham Simpkin on behalf of the Maths School regarding the Tramway land. Information was requested from the Parish Council regarding a manhole and sewer. It was agreed the Clerk would write back advising that as far as the Parish Council are aware, there are no sewage services on this land and suggest that they check further with the utilities companies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Planning Committee Members

 

 

Clerk

 

10

 

STREET LIGHTING:

There was nothing to report this month.

 

 

 

11

 

HIGHWAYS & VERGES

Cllr Head reported that the ‘give way’ sign installed at the top of School Lane should have been a junction sign and it was agreed the Clerk contact KHS to request that a junction sign is installed on Pilgrims Way to denote the junction with School Lane.

 

Cllr Savage reported further potholes in School Lane outside the School. The Chairman informed the Parish Council that he was happy with the response KHS had given us regarding the repair of potholes and suggested that the Parish Council should write to Nick Chard to show our appreciation. It was agreed that the Clerk would write a letter.

 

The Clerk reported that she had received a phone call from a resident in the High Street regarding the proposed yellow lines on the High Street/Rectory Close. The resident had requested a meeting with the Parish Council. The Chairman, along with Cllr Stone agreed to contact the resident to arrange a meeting. Discussion took place regarding this area and the bollards outside the Church. It was agreed the Clerk would write to Karole Reynolds, TMBC regarding concerns with the yellow lines and the proposed moving of the bollards and also chase up KHS on further action with the bollards, also copying in Cllr Homewood.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Chairman/Cllr Stone

 

Clerk

 

12

 

FOOTPATHS/PROW

Cllr Stone reported on the following regarding the Community Trail:-

·         the sculpture was being built this week on site

·         the interpretation panel artwork was circulated to councillors. Installation is planned before the launch date.

·         the draft leaflet was circulated. A leaflet will be given to every property in the village. Cllr Head expressed disappointment that the leaflet did not include wildlife and agriculture and was, in her opinion, too heavy on the industrial and cement side of the village. It was explained that agriculture had been looked at but not much history was available and it was decided to look at the heritage in the village rather than wildlife, as this is a heritage project.

·         The bench, picnic bench, way markers and kissing gates are to be installed next week

·         PROW have agreed to further clear footpath MR1 at the start of the trail.

·         The launch date is 18th June taking place behind the Church at the start of the trail, involving the school children.

·         2 further interpretation panels are planned for Wouldham Common and the Ferry steps.

·         A meeting is planned with the Environment Agency, Cllr Stone and the clerk on 4/6/10 to show them the planned installation locations.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk/Cllr Stone

 

13

 

ALLOTMENTS

There was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

 

 

14

WOULDHAM COMMON

Cllr Head reported that we still do not know if the cable route is going ahead and we are still waiting for confirmation from EDF.

 

 

 

 

 

15

 

VILLAGE HALL

The next Village Hall Management Committee meeting is on 14 June 2010. The problem patch of flooring is going to be re-varnished in the summer holidays at no further cost.

 

 

 

 

 

16

 

RECREATION GROUND

Cllr Head reported that dog grooming was still be carried out on the recreation ground. The Chairman agreed to have a further word with those concerned.

 

 

 

Chairman

 

 

 

17

 

FINANCE

General: Nothing to report.

 

Financial Statement – May 2010: This had been circulated to councillors prior to the meeting. The Chairman verified and signed the bank statements.

 

Bank Position as at 31/05/10

Account £100.00

Reserve Account £28,453.78

Building Society £10,289.47

 

Income for May 2010

 

06/05/10 TMBC – Open Spaces Grant £2124.50

10/05/10 Kent Wildlife Trust – Grant for Wouldham Common £2000.00

Accounts for Payment:

 

Direct EDF Energy Street Lighting – May 2010 £52.82

2522 Sarah Egglesden Salary/Expenses /overtime £1030.71

2523 J Harmer Litter Duties – May 2010 £201.07

2524 HM Rev & Customs NI/PAYE £165.51

2525 Staples Stationery Supplies £97.61

2526 Just the Job Notice Board Maintenance £76.25

2527 Kent County Playing field Assoc. Subs £20.00

2528 Wouldham Village Hall Velcro £14.99

2529 Headland Wouldham Common work £2000.00

2530 Just the Job Repair of seat £68.78

 

The following cheques were signed for the Village Hall Management Committee:

 

100627 EDF Electricity Bill £703.36

100628 J Harmer Village Hall Duties – May 2010 £200.00

100629 KCC Supplies Toilet Rolls/Hand towels/Velcro £46.70

 

 

Grants: The Clerk would look into applying for the members grant as agreed with Cllr Homewood regarding the Teen Shelter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

18

 

SPECIAL ITEMS

Items for the Church Newsletter – Cllr Parnell agreed to mention the police report, Valley of Visions Community Trail information, a Parish Council vacancy and that the Parish Council are aware of residents concerns regarding proposed yellow lines.

 

 

 

 

Cllr Parnell

 

 

19

 

CORRESPONDENCE LIST: The list of correspondence received and letters sent during the last month had been circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting. 

 

 

 

20

 

 

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 6th July 2010 at 7.30 pm.

 

 

21

 

COUNCILLORS/CHAIRMAN/CLERK

 

Cllr Head reported that the Old Wouldham Photograph Exhibition is going ahead this weekend: 5th and 6th June.

 

Cllr Parnell asked that following plans being stopped for the South Thames corridor, would this effect Peter’s Pit housing plans? Cllr Davis confirmed that any planning permissions already granted would still stand.

 

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 8.55 pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© Copyright 2008 WW Media