MINUTES OF OFFHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

MINUTES OF WOULDHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

TUESDAY 6th July 2010 AT 7.30PM

WOULDHAM VILLAGE HALL

 

Present:         Cllr K Malkinson (Chairman)

Cllrs D Adams, J Head, T Fulwell, j A Parnell, and R Stone

                   Mrs S Egglesden (Clerk)

In Attendance: Borough Councillors R Dalton and D Davis

County Councillor Peter Homewood

PC Wilkinson and PCSO Stoner

Community Warden D Liepnik

 

                                                                                                             

 

 

ACTION

 

1

 

APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Cllr Savage.

 

 

 

2

 

MINUTES

The minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 1st June 2010 were proposed by Cllr Head and seconded by Cllr Stone, to be a true record of proceedings and it was agreed that they be signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

3

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

Members agreed that any matters arising from the minutes would be dealt with under the appropriate heading, as the meeting progressed through the agenda. 

 

 

 

4

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Head declared a personal and prejudicial interest in any issue that arose relating to grounds maintenance work within the parish. She also declared a personal interest in items relating to the Tramway and the Allotments. The Chairman declared a personal and prejudicial interest in any issue that arose relating to Lafarge.

 

 

 

5

 

POLICE & COMMUNITY WARDEN’S REPORT

The police report had been circulated to Councillors prior to the meeting. Cllr Parnell asked the Police about recent headlines in the KM regarding a Wouldham resident and why this was not reflected in the police report. As the offences had not been committed in Wouldham, it was not reported.

 

Community Warden Liepnik reported on a parking problem near to the Russet homes properties in Hall Road causing problems with residents with restricted mobility. He also reported that he had to contact Trenport regarding problems with quad bikes damaging the fence around Peter Pit again. There was also a report of a problem on footpath MR1 with overflowing sewage on the path next to the sewage works.

 

The Police and Community Warden left at 7.40 pm.

 

 

 

 

 

6

 

BOROUGH COUNCILLORS REPORT

Borough Councillor Dalton reported on the uncut verges and land at the Oldfield Drive and School Lane junction. A resident had reported this area to the local MP. Currently, KHS are carrying out a Highway’s definition search to see if this is their land. Cllr Head reported that she thought KHS had already adopted this area and had emails to back this up. Cllr Head agreed to forward the emails to the Clerk to pass onto Cllrs Dalton and Homewood.

 

Cllr Dalton advised that the places on the Burham Playscheme have not been well filled this year.

 

Cllr Davis reported back that the flooding areas in the village are still being worked on and the Parish Council must continue to report any flooding problems.

 

Discussion took place regarding the Fleur de Lys pub site in Burham and the potential building plans for 12 houses without parking. The Parish Council agreed it would support Burham’s views regarding the lack of adequate parking on this proposed site. Cllr Davis agreed to keep the Parish Council updated on this site.

 

 

 

 

Cllr Head/

Clerk

 

7

 

COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT

County Councillor Homewood requested that the Parish Council think of ideas for the Highways grant as the money needed to be allocated by the end of year. There could be up to £12,500 available to Wouldham for any suitable project.

 

After much discussion, it was agreed that the Clerk would email Cllr Homewood with the various ideas. The Clerk would also inform Cllr Homewood of the current issues regarding the land at the junction of Oldfield Drive and School Lane in preparation for his meeting with Pavinder Jutte at KHS.

 

Cllr Fulwell suggested steps from kissing gate at footpath MR179 leading onto the Knowle as a suitable Highways project. It was agreed that the Clerk would speak with PROW regarding this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

8

 

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

There were no members of public at the meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

9

 

PLANNING:

Planning applications considered and commented upon, by Planning Committee:

TM/10/01603/FL – single storey side and rear extension, loft conversion and associated front and rear dormers and front balcony, being an amendment to consent reference TM/10/00429 at 14 Trafalgar Close, WouldhamNo objections.

 

(a)                Planning consents issued:

(b)              TM/10/00952/ELEX – Replace Pole 828755 at School Lane, Wouldham Approved

TM/10/01227/FL – Raise the existing roof level to allow a loft conversion with rear dormer (resubmission of application TM/10/00062/FL) at 73A High Street, WouldhamGranted Permission

 

(c)                Planning applications refused: None to report

(d)                 

Other Planning Issues: None to report

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10

 

STREET LIGHTING:

There was nothing to report this month.

 

 

 

11

 

HIGHWAYS & VERGES

Discussion took place regarding KHS cutting schedule in the Village. It was agreed that the clerk should investigate into :-

a) the Parish Council taking over the grass cutting and receiving a payment from KHS towards this. It was suggested that this would have to be done before new contracts were issued to contractors in September.

b) look into the current KHS cutting schedule so the Parish Council can co-ordinate extra cuts as and when required.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

12

 

FOOTPATHS/PROW

Cllr Head asked if MR1 would be cleared? Cllr Stone confirmed he has a meeting with David Munn to discuss the future cutting and clearance of this footpath.

 

Cllr Stone reported that progress is being made with PROW on the steps on footpath MR6 with kissing gates at either end.

 

The Chairman reported on a number of complaints from residents regarding the sculpture. Councillors agreed that the sculpture was not as the drawings which had been circulated and that the clerk would write to Valley of Visions outlining this and suggesting that the sculpture is either rebuilt or removed.

 

 

 

Cllr Stone

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

13

 

ALLOTMENTS

There was nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

 

14

 

WOULDHAM COMMON

The Chairman and Cllr Head reported that the Parish Council have received a Deed of Grant relating to the easement on the Common. Cllr Head confirmed that the agreement was as discussed and the plan showed the correct route. However, she thought there would be a manhole cover on the site and Vic Waller had said that there was a chance of a wayleave. It was agreed that the Clerk would ask EDF’s consultants about this before returning and signing the document.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

15

 

VILLAGE HALL

Cllr Stone reported that the hall hire charges had been reviewed at the last Village Hall Management Committee meeting last month.

 

 

 

 

 

 

16

 

RECREATION GROUND

The Chairman reported that Fawns would be carrying out the refurbishment of the Teen Shelter.

 

Cllr Parnell raised concern regarding the security of the car park. It was agreed to monitor the situation over the next 2 months and if there was a problem, the Parish Council could then re-look into the use of security camera’s.

 

 

 

 

 

ALL

 

17

 

FINANCE

Quarterly Report: The Clerk had circulated a quarterly financial update to councillors prior to the meeting.

 

Financial Statement – June 2010: This had been circulated to councillors prior to the meeting. The Chairman verified and signed the bank statements.

 

Bank Position as at 30/06/10

Account £100.00

Reserve Account £22,969.47

Building Society £10,289.47

 

Income for June 2010 - nil

Accounts for Payment:

2531 Glasdon Bench & Picnic Bench £963.68

2532 J Savage Artwork – VOV £539.00

Direct EDF Energy Street Lighting – June 2010 £52.82

2533 cancelled chq - error made

2534 J Harmer Litter Duties - June 2010 £201.07

2535 HM Rev & Customs NI/PAYE £102.99

2536 Came & Company AP £25.00

2537 South East Water Water - Allotments £117.57

2538 Arc Creative Design Interpretation Panel £4,700.00

2539 Fawns Painting play equipment £2,056.25

2540 MCL Bench, Picnic Bench &w/markers £1,145.63

2541 Keith Malkinson delivery VOV leaflets £30.00

2542 Primary School Donation £500.00

2543 Guides/Brownies Donation £500.00

2544 Jenny Head stationery expenses £59.66

2445 Sarah Egglesden Salary & Expenses - June 2010 £927.57

 

Post dated cheques for August 2010

2546 Sarah Egglesden Salary - July 2010 £866.56

2547 J Harmer Litter Duties - July 2010 £201.07

2548 HM Rev & Customs NI/PAYE £102.99

 

The following cheques were signed for the Village Hall Management Committee:

 

100630 Keith Malkinson window Cleaner £14.00

100631 J Harmer Village Hall Duties – June 2010 £200.00

100632 SE Water Village Hall Supply £47.44

100633 WPC VOV Money – paid in error £4850.00

100634 KCC Supplies Toilet Rolls/Hand towels £46.41

100635 J Harmer Village Hall Duties – July 2010 £200.00

(post dated chq)

 

Grants: The Clerk reported that the Parish Council would be receiving £2614 from a Members Grant for the refurbishment of the Teen Shelter. The Parish Council should hear if it has been successful with its COMMA grant application for the outdoor adult fitness equipment in the week commencing 12/7/10.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

18

 

SPECIAL ITEMS

Items for the Church Newsletter – Cllr Parnell agreed to report on the police report, general information on the Fleur De Lys and VOV update on footpaths.

 

Knowle Pit/Quarry – The Clerk had circulated a note on a meeting held with the Chairman, Cllr Stone, the Maths School, Lafarge and the Clerk, held last week regarding the future of Knowle Pit.

 

Now the Parish Council knows that there is a possibility of the Parish Council taking on a lease for the pit, the Chairman asked if the Parish Council would be in agreement to investigating into this further. It was agreed that the Parish Council is interested in pursuing this matter further at this stage, providing a longer lease is obtained. It was agreed that the Chairman would arrange a further meeting with the Maths School to sort out the terms of the lease.

 

 

 

Cllr Parnell

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman/Clerk

 

19

 

CORRESPONDENCE LIST: The list of correspondence received and letters sent during the last month had been circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting. 

 

 

 

20

 

 

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 7th September 2010 at 7.30 pm.

 

 

21

 

COUNCILLORS/CHAIRMAN/CLERK

Cllr Adams reported that he has concerns regarding losing the Watermans Arms in the Village, plus reports of anti-social behaviour. It was agreed that the chairman would raise this at the next ABS meeting.

 

Cllr Head reported that she required exhibition boards for the next Old Wouldham Photograph Exhibition on 4th and 5th September. The Clerk advised that she would be speaking with Ditton Parish Council regarding boards and Cllr Dalton would also try to source some boards for Cllr Head.

 

Cllr Fulwell requested a map of the land which would be included in the Knowle Pit lease. The Chairman agreed to obtain a map from Lafarge.

 

Cllr Parnell expressed concern that School Cottages site in School Lane has not been finished off. The Chairman advised that the site has not been adopted as yet.

 

 

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 9.55 pm.

 

 

Chairman

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman

 

 

© Copyright 2008 WW Media