MINUTES OF OFFHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

MINUTES OF WOULDHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

TUESDAY 4TH JANUARY 2011 AT 7.30PM

WOULDHAM VILLAGE HALL

 

Present:         Cllr K Malkinson (Chairman)

Cllrs D Adams, J Head, T Fulwell, K Savagej , A Parnell and R Stone

                   Mrs S Egglesden (Clerk)

In Attendance:

PCSO J Stoner

County Councillor P Homewood

 

 

                                                                                                             

 

 

ACTION

 

1

 

APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Cllr D Parris, Borough Councillor’s R Dalton and D Davis and PC J Wilkinson.

 

 

 

2

 

MINUTES

The minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 7th December 2010 were proposed by Cllr Stone and seconded by Cllr Savage, to be a true record of proceedings and it was agreed that they be signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

3

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

Members agreed that any matters arising from the minutes would be dealt with under the appropriate heading, as the meeting progressed through the agenda. 

 

 

 

4

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Head declared a personal and prejudicial interest in any issue that arose relating to grounds maintenance work within the parish. She also declared a personal interest in items relating to the Tramway and the Allotments. The Chairman declared a personal and prejudicial interest in any issue that arose relating to Lafarge.

 

 

 

5

 

POLICE & COMMUNITY WARDEN’S REPORT

The police report had been circulated to Councillors prior to the meeting. PCSO Stoner reported that there had been further damage at the allotments, a beak-in through the fence. Nothing had been taken, just minor damage. There had also been an incident at the Church over the festive period, with items scattered about but nothing taken.

 

PC J Wilkinson hoped to attend next months meeting.

 

PCSO Stoner left at 7.35 pm.

 

 

 

 

 

6

 

BOROUGH COUNCILLORS REPORT

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

 

7

 

COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT

As this was the first day back after the festive period, there was nothing to report. Cllr Head asked about a salt bin outside 170 School Lane. Cllr Homewood agreed to speak with Highways.

 

 

 

Cllr Homewood

 

8

 

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Nothing to report

 

 

 

 

9

 

PLANNING:

Planning applications considered and commented upon, by Planning Committee: TM/10/03280/FL – Conversion of the existing detached garage to living accommodation and extended to create a utility and shower room adjoining the existing house (ground floor level only). Extension of existing driveway and paving of external plot. The creation of a new gated entrance to the new landscaped plot adjoining the house which will include a brick built flower bed at 1 Trafalgar Close, Wouldham – No Objections.

 

(a)                Planning consents issued: None to report

(b)                Planning applications refused: None to report

Other Planning Issues: None to report.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10

 

STREET LIGHTING:

There were still 2 lights out in Hall Road. One is outside no. 23 which is a Russet Homes light. It was agreed that the Clerk would speak with Russet Homes again. The other is on the right hand side opposite the turning for Russet Homes, which is a Parish Council light. It was agreed that the Clerk would contact DW Lighting regarding repairing this light.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

11

 

HIGHWAYS & VERGES

The traffic calming post in Knowle Road had been replaced but had not been painted white. It was agreed that the Clerk would contact KHS regarding this.

 

The Clerk reported on a number of outstanding highways issues that had been marked as complete on the Parish Portal but did not appear to have been carried out: vegetation cut back from sign at junction of Knowle Road and Pilgrims Ways, barrier at the end of footpath MR179, blackberry bushes cut back by the traffic calming in Knowle Road and an old work sign removed from recreation ground. It was agreed that the clerk would contact KHS on all of the above.

 

The Clerk reported that she had contacted KHS to chase up on the progress on the bollards by the Church.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

12

 

FOOTPATHS/PROW

Cllr Head reported that the steps on the black robin footpath (MR6) will be finished by the end of the week and they were very good with a handrail in place and kissing gate at the top.

 

Cllr Fulwell reported that snow had pressed down a bush that was now overhanging on footpath MR9. Cllr Head agreed to arrange to get this cut back as it was on her allotment leased land.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Head

 

 

13

 

ALLOTMENTS

The break-in was discussed. The Chairman agreed to arrange for a contractor to come in and replace the damaged fence.

 

 

 

 

Chairman

 

14

 

WOULDHAM COMMON

Cllr Head declared a personal and prejudicial interest in the installation of the fire pit on Wouldham Common. The Clerk advised that Headland had estimated £200 to £250 for installation and materials for a fire pit, final price depending on material costs. The pit would automatically be covered by the Parish Council’s public liability insurance and it wouldn’t be worth insuring because of the policy excess. There is £1000 grant money remaining from the Kent Wildlife Trust. It was agreed that the Clerk would ask Headland to go ahead and install the fire pit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

15

 

VILLAGE HALL

Cllr Stone reported that a meeting had taken place with Jenny Bradbury (Acre), last month and there were a number of issues that need looking into. A follow up meeting has been arranged on 13/1/11 for Village Hall Management Committee members:- Cllrs Stone, Malkinson, Savage and the Clerk. They would look at the issues raised by J Bradbury and prioritise the work to be done. J. Bradbury would then be able to advise of any available funding for some of this work.

 

The 2 water heaters had been installed prior to the Christmas break and the electrician is due in this month to carry out the electrical repairs.

 

 

 

 

Cllrs Stone, Malkinson, Savage and Clerk

 

 

 

 

16

 

RECREATION GROUND

The Clerk reported that the commuted sum of money had now been received for the work on the play equipment recommended by ROPSA and she would instruct Fawns to carry out the work. The Clerk is waiting for a further quote from Fawns for the swing seat and seesaw seat in order to claim this amount from the commuted sum for these repairs.

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

17

 

FINANCE

General – Nothing to report.

 

Quarterly Budget – this had been circulated to councillors prior to the meeting.

 

Financial Statement – December 2010: This had been circulated to councillors prior to the meeting. The Chairman verified and signed the bank statement.

 

Bank Position as at 24/12/10

Current Account £100.00

Reserve Account £30,223.17

Building Society £10,289.98

 

Income for December 2010

 

22/12/2010

TMBC

Playground repairs

1097.16

 

Cheques signed:

 

2584

Sarah Egglesden

Xmas Bonus

150.00

2585

Sarah Egglesden

Salary & Expenses – Dec 10

920.63

2586

J Harmer

Litter Duties – Dec 10

205.57

2587

HMRC

Tax & Ni

102.99

2588

Headland

Grass Cutting – Land adj. School

40.00

2589

J Savage

Artwork – Ferry Lane Panel

350.00

2590

Fawns

Teen Shelter repairs

3071.81

SO

EDF

Street lighting – Dec 10

52.82

 

The following cheques were signed for the Village Hall Management Committee:

 

100651

J Harmer

Village hall duties – Dec 10

200.00

100652

KCC Supplies

Paper towels

35.93

100653

Sarah Egglesden

Reimbursement - mop

5.98

100654

R Dalton

2 x Water Heaters

363.31

 

 

18

 

SPECIAL ITEMS

Items for the Church Newsletter – It was agreed to report on the police report, allotment break-ins, new steps on footpath MR6 and a welcome to the new publicans in the village.

The Tramway – Cllr Fulwell felt that the area known as the Tramway is a valuable open space in the village, with 2 footpaths, currently providing much needed parking and the Parish Council should look at protecting this in planning terms.

 

Discussion took place on the proposed Maths School plans, the Parish Council’s access road plans and parking in the village. It was agreed that Chairman and Cllr Stone, along with the Clerk, should have a further meeting with the Maths School agent, Mike Bax, to see what plans the Maths School have for this area and how this could tie in with the Parish Council’s planned access road and the need for parking in the village. It was also agreed that the Parish Council should look into what it could do to protect this area of land e.g. have it declared as an amenity/open space and the clerk would contact KALC to see if there could offer any advice on this.

 

 

 

Cllr Parnell

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman, Cllr Stone & Clerk

 

 

Clerk

 

19

 

CORRESPONDENCE LIST

The list of correspondence received and letters sent during the last month had been circulated to all councillors prior to the meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

20

 

 

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

The Precept Meeting will be held on Tuesday 18th January 2011 at 7.00pm and the next Parish Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 1st February 2011 at 7.30 pm.

 

 

21

 

COUNCILLORS/CHAIRMAN/CLERK

 

Nothing to report.

 

There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 8.55 pm.

 

 

 

© Copyright 2011 WW Media